The School Day
Morning: 8:45am - 12:30pm Afternoon: 1:30pm - 3:30pm
23.5 hours per week are devoted to teaching (excluding assemblies, registration and break-times). Pupils are expected to be in class from 8:45am onwards and parents are requested to ensure that children are not late for the start of the school day.
The safety of your children is very important to us. In order for you to help us ensure the safety of all children and adults on the school site at the beginning and end of each day we have set procedures and routines in place.
Beginning of the day
- Children are permitted on site from 8:30
- Children onsite between 8:30-8:40 are under parental supervision
- Supervision by the school team begins at 8:40
- Children must enter the building through their designated Year Group doors, not the main entrance unless arriving after 8:45am
End of the day
- Parents/carers please wait at your designated Year Group areas
- All children are to be collected from their designated Year Group areas
- Children of parents that have been unavoidably delayed will be taken back into the reception area to await safe collection
What do we do if it is raining heavily in the morning?
Children should walk onto the playground from 8:30am as usual. They will then be directed by the member of the Senior Leadership Team on duty to come straight into school and wait in their classroom for the start of the school day. All children should still enter the building through their normal Year Group entrance.
What do I do if I need to drop my children off before the start of school?
The Greenway Nursery and Rainbow Club offer a breakfast club in their separate premises on the academy site. The breakfast club runs daily in term time from 7:45am. They run an after school club for children from Reception to Year 6 too.
Further details are available from the school office or by visiting their website http://www.greenwaynurseryandrainbowclub.com/rainbow-club.html
What should I do if my child has left personal belongings in the building?
All adults and children entering the building after the end of the school day must enter through main reception entrance. Office staff must know who is within the building at all times due to Stranger Danger and Fire Regulations.
What should I do if it is raining heavily in the afternoon?
Please remain on the playground to wait for the children who will be brought out of school by their class teacher. Please do not come into school as the playground lobby areas become congested very quickly making it extremely difficult for a secure handover.
In the event of an extreme circumstance we will endeavour to send a text message to advise you of a change to the routine.