At Greenway Academy, our aim is for children to become digitally literate and prepared to become active participants in an ever-changing digital world. We aim to provide a knowledge-rich curriculum to give each pupil the opportunity to apply and develop their technological understanding and skills across a wide range of purposeful situations and tasks.
Through this we want our children to:
· develop resilience and self-belief by problem solving and developing computational thinking.
· become safe and discerning users of technology.
· have high aspirations for their future as they are equipped with the computing knowledge they need for the next stages in their academic career.
By the end of Year 6 children will:
· understand and apply the fundamental principles and concepts of computer science, including abstraction, logic, algorithms and data representation.
· analyse problems in computational terms, and have repeated practical experience of writing computer programs in order to solve such problems.
· evaluate and apply information technology, including new or unfamiliar technologies, analytically to solve problems.
· be responsible, competent, confident and creative users of information and communication technology.